The fill-ins for this week are:
1. My favorite president is because .
2. This weekend, I have plans to .
3. I my .
4. I believe .
Here are my responses:
1. My favorite president is Abraham Lincoln because he was truly a man of the people, who showed great wisdom, leadership, and perseverance in very difficult times. He conducted both his public life and his personal life with integrity.
2. This weekend, I have plans to attend a play at the Globe Theater at our local college. They will be doing a performance of The Miracle Worker about Helen Keller. I haven’t been to a play in a long, long time. Papa Bear enjoys plays as much as I do.
3. I love my new writing table that I found on Let Go and bought for $20 this week. It is long and narrow and fits perfectly in my writing room. The long part is necessary to accommodate a cushion at both ends for furkids who like to keep me company while I write. Today Tiggy and Gracie are here beside me.
Until now I had been using a small desk that my mother had made for me when I was sixteen years old. That almost qualifies it as an antique! 🙂 I am going to refinish it and use it as my sewing machine table, and maybe start a sewing project, something I haven’t done in a long time.
4. I believe that learning to be kind to one another, and to discuss things calmly with an open mind, could solve most of the world’s problems.
Come and join in the fun at Friendly Fill-Ins!